Monday, June 25, 2012

Every Day I'm Pinterestin'

I'm starting to realize just how little is left of my summer. Since I'm new at my school, I have to report on July 23rd, a week earlier than the other teachers. That leaves me with only 28 days left of summer! Yikes!

I'd like to introduce you to my new best friend, Mr. Laminator.

I picked this guy up for about $28 bucks at Walmart. He's fantastic! My favorite part is that it uses pouches to laminate. You just put your stuff inside and run them through. Since all the machine does it heat up the plastic pouch, you can run it through more than once if there are any gaps or air bubbles. The quality of the film is much better too.

So anyone who knows me could tell you that I am in love with Pinterest. It's such a great way to get your creative juices flowing! Between jury duty and babysitting this past week I have been busy completing a bunch of DIY projects. Behold the cuteness...







So as you can see, I've been very busy! Here are a few specifics if you'd like to make some of these things yourself.

 I got the idea for the teacher toolbox here. I love how it turned out! I got my box at Home depot for about $17 and spray painted it. Then printed out my labels, laminated them and attached them with clear tape to the inside of the drawers. If you'd like to use the labels I made I've uploaded them for you here. I've also included some blank ones if you'd like to print them out on colored paper instead. I've added them as images so all you need to do is insert text boxes to add your own text.

The framed signs are some internet finds that I love put in document frames from Dollar Tree. I got the first one here and the second one here. I downloaded them and tweaked the colors to match my classroom using Photoshop.

I hope that you all are having a great start to your week. Happy Pinteresting!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Your classroom is going to be perfect. Love it.

    Mary H.

    ReplyDelete