Monday, May 28, 2012

A Crafty Memorial Day!



Warning: This post contains lots of pictures!

So things have been a little crazy around here lately but it's the good kind of crazy! This past week I signed my contract at my new school and got to walk around and check out the part of the building that 1st and 2nd is going to be in. It's so exciting! I think next year is going to be awesome!

As excited as I am for next year there is still the reality of ending this year to deal with. We have 4 more days of school which means I have 4 more days to pack up all of my stuff - which I have a lot of! Since I won't be able to get into my new room until at least mid July, I'm storing all my stuff in my apartment for the time being. As of right now it looks like this.

 Sadly, I still have a bunch more stuff to move. Yikes!

Having all my classroom stuff at home was a big help today as I tackled several craft projects. I spent most of my day out on my front stoop painting, gluing, and glittering. It was a nice way to spend the day off!
 



Mia, my trusty sidekick. 


One of my first projects of the day was to turn some brown flats I got for $3 at the Salvation Army into glitter flats! I love the freedom of thrifting. It was so nice to undertake a project and know that if I screwed it up I'd only be out a few bucks! They turned out great. I found the idea through Pinterest. You can get all the instructions here .

 

 As I was walking through Walmart this morning getting supplies for crafts I came upon these precious pre-painted wooden shapes and just had to have them! I'd been wanting to make some pointers after seeing Sarah Cooley's post about them. I just added them to a bucket with a little tissue in the bottom so they would stand up higher, tied on some scrap ribbon. They turned out pretty cute don't you think?



Of course I just had to cutesy them up a bit by spray painting the dowels and adding lots of glitter. I think the guitar is my favorite!

I found this poster on Pinterest last week and just fell in love with it. I decided to create my own to hang in my room. I think it's such a great message to send to kiddos.


 Another non school related project was a magnetic makeup board for my bathroom. Again, this was an idea I found on Pinterest that I really wanted to try. I used a metal magnetic board I got from Ikea years ago, sanded it a bit and painted it with chalkboard paint. I picked up a a paper pencil cup and some magnets and put everything together. I love having everything in one place! I think I'll get some chalk markers so I can write messages and change up how it's decorated.



Last but not least, I spray painted a bunch of clothespins in my colors of orange, green and pink to use in my classroom next year. I really want to make these super cute clips to hold student work.


I even painted some with chalkboard paint to use for my clip chart. I plan on writing student's names on them with chalk pens so that I can reuse them!



 So that's all the fun stuff I got done today. Can you tell that I am completely addicted to Pinterest? 

Hope you all are having a restful Memorial Day. I'm off to wash all the paint and glue and glitter off and work on my report cards! Only 4 more days until summer!



1 comment:

  1. Super industrious! Everything looks so cute. I really love the pointers, they are my favorite. Those green buckets are cute too, where did you find those?! ;)

    ReplyDelete